from your San Diego Mover – McCarthy Transfer & Storage
Donate! Donate! Donate!
The last thing you want to do when moving is to move unwanted items. When you are moving long distance, moving these unwanted belongings can actually add to the cost of your move. We suggest that you donate unwanted/unnecessary items to your local charity.
- Contact your local church, temple or community center. In some communities churches and temples now have drop boxes. If not, call ahead to ask what items they are currently collecting.
- Local Homeless Shelter. Ask if they pick-up and if not ask for the nearest drop box.
- Local Library or Used Bookstores are ideal for recycling or selling books in good condition.
- Local Schools accept donations of paper, craft supplies and computers.
- Move for Hunger We participate in the Move for Hunger Program. Set aside any non-perishable food items and our movers will pick it up to donate to a local food bank.