Office Moving Tips
• Appoint one person from your company to plan and organize your upcoming move.
• Get familiar with your new location. Take measurements of your new work space to be sure your current furniture will fit.
• Make a floor plan. Decide where you would like your furniture to go in your new work space and make it available to your moving crew.
• Label all furniture, equipment, and boxes. When used with your employees floor plans, labels will make the move process move smoothly.
• Pack. Be sure to remove all items from bookcases, desks, wall units, and shelves. Pack these items in a securely in a sealed and labeled box.
• Filing Cabinets. 4 drawer filing cabinets must be unpacked. Label the boxes to coordinate putting files back at your new office location. Vertical files and 2-drawer lateral files can remain full. Lateral files- all drawers except the bottom two must be emptied.
• Move personal possessions yourself: Move Legal documents, pictures, money, plants, and other personal possessions yourself.
• Computers. Disconnect and dismantle computers properly. Label these items well, as they will be placed on a computer cart with other computers and accessories.
• Leaving items behind. It is common for items to be left behind on office and industrial moves. Be sure to clearly label them with the words DO NOT MOVE to avoid confusion.