Moving Tip – Cut out the Stress
Moving is stressful no matter who you talk to or how much you prepare. Below are some tips to help reduce the stress.
Before you move:
- Set aside more time than you think you need for packing. It’s better to take things slower with occasional mental health breaks that to be stressed because you are not done when you mover arrives.
- Visit anything around your old home that you kept meaning to get to (restaurants, attractions, parks, etc).
- Gather email addresses of local friends, along with addresses and phone numbers if you don’t have them.
- Research the new area through the Internet, including potential social groups or clubs similar to what you’re in.
Once you get to the new place:
- Remember that you don’t have to be fully unpacked immediately. The knick-knacks can wait.
- Take enough time off with the busy schedule to have fun. Explore your new neighborhood, read a book, take a nap, whatever it takes.
- Locate the closest mall. Consider buying a decorative item for the new home.
- Don’t forget to use the email addresses you collected earlier. Let your old friends know how you are.